The Staying Connected Child, Youth and Family alumni group has been set up to help ex-staff keep in touch with each other and up to date with what is happening at Child, Youth and Family. From time to time we will post news and information on service developments. The site will also have a link to the vacancies page on our website. Members are also free to initiate relevant professional discussions.
The rules are straight forward
- Membership is limited to ex-staff and staff on leave without pay or parental leave.
- Membership is by request. Child, Youth and Family will verify all requests to join to check you are an ex-staff member or on extended leave. Up to five current staff members may also join and will initiate and contribute to discussions from time to time.
- The purpose of the site is to keep in touch with our ex-staff and in turn for them to be in touch with each other. Constructive professional discussions between members are welcomed. Staying Connected is not a forum for negative or derogative discussions about Child, Youth and Family, The Ministry of Social Development or the Government or for the disclosure of confidential material. If posted this will be deleted.
- Child, Youth and Family reserve the right to deregister or block members who persist in misusing the site.
How to Join
The Staying Connected Child, Youth and Family Alumni network is set up as a group using LinkedIn as a social media platform. LinkedIn is a well established social networking site for professionals. This group is a restricted group. This means that you will need to send a request to join. Only members have access to the content and discussions.
- If you already a member of LinkedIn, sign on to your LinkedIn page
- If you are not a member of LinkedIn, go to http://www.linkedin.com/ and sign up to join LinkedIn. When you have set up your personal page you can request to join Staying Connected
- Go to the Search Box in the top right corner
- Select "Groups"
- Enter "Staying Connected Child Youth and Family"
- Request to join this group
- You will receive an acknowledgement email confirming your request to join Staying Connected.
Contact the Staying Connected contact person on firstname.lastname@example.org