- Keeping kids safe
- Working with others
- Youth justice
- What we do
- Our service commitment
- A career with us
- Our e-Newsletter
- Job vacancies
- Key Statistics
- Contact us
Every day we make a positive, lasting difference in the lives of thousands of children, young people and their families. Like everyone, we want the best for children and young people, and we work with them, their families and communities to help them be safe, strong and thrive.
In an average day we…
- receive around 230 reports of possible child abuse or neglect
- hold 20 care and protection and 40 youth justice family group conferences
- are responsible for around 100 young people in youth justice residences
- support extended family and caregivers – around 5,000 children and young people in care
- work with others in the community to support children, young people and families, and to raise awareness.
At its heart, our organisation is all about children and young people. We work here because we believe in keeping New Zealand children safe and want to help them succeed."Our social workers do what they do because they genuinely care and want to help others." Senior social worker for Child, Youth and Family
If you would like to be part of someone’s positive future contact us:
The Staying Connected Child, Youth and Family alumni group has been set up to help ex-staff keep in touch with each other and up to date with what is happening at Child, Youth and Family.