Social Work Supervisor, Timaru
Fixed Term - 6 months
|Published Date:||15 Sep 2010|
|Closing Date:||24 Sep 2010|
Applications are invited for a full time fixed term position from people experienced in providing motivated and creative leadership to a team of Social Workers.
The role of the Supervisor is to manage and work alongside a team of Social Workers and other agents to protect children and/or to ensure care and security for children in the care or custody of the service. The Supervisor is a vital first line management position and we are looking for people who can demonstrate the following:
- An NZQA certified qualification that is recognised by the social work registration board is preferred
- Excellent knowledge of statutory Social Work
- Leadership and management skills
- Ability to develop and deliver new services
- Experience at developing action plans either with staff or around a particular issue
- Ability to see the strengths in people and advance these to excellence in practice
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- An ability to work cross culturally
- Good computer skills
- Hold a current full drivers licence
In return, Child Youth and Family offers recognition, reward and the chance to excel on the job. There are ongoing training and development opportunities, regular formal supervision, and you will be working in a supportive environment.
Child, Youth and Family, a service of the Ministry of Social Development (MSD), recognises and has a commitment to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi.
Please find attached the job description and application form for your completion. Please forward your completed application form, quoting the CYF number, along with an up to date curriculum vitae to:
Southern Regional Office
Child, Youth and Family
PO Box 5334
Ph: 03 963 2191
Applications close Friday 24 September 2010 - 5.00pm.
Thank you for your interest in this role.