- Keeping kids safe
- Working with others
- Youth justice
- What we do
- Our service commitment
- A career with us
- Job vacancies
- Ministry for Vulnerable Children, Oranga Tamariki
- Key Statistics
- Contact us
Working together to keep children and young people safe
By working closely with our partners in the community, we can achieve so much more to make sure children and young people are safe, strong and thriving.
Working together seminars
Working together one day seminars are free.
They are designed for professionals working with children, including teachers, health workers, and social service providers. In the seminar you learn about:
- Understand your role in supporting vulnerable children, and keeping them safe
- Understand what to look out for
- Gain a working knowledge of how to respond to vulnerable children
- Understand the Vulnerable Children’s Act & Children’s Action Plan
- Understand the process when Child, Youth and Family receive a report of concern
- Build a network with others in your community
The seminars are a partnership between Child, Youth and Family and Child Matters.
If you'd like to attend an upcoming workshop, simply visit Online Registration to register your interest.
For information, please contact the team at Child Matters on email@example.com
Check out the link below for information about workshops coming up in a region near you. We'll keep this schedule up to date as more dates and locations are confirmed.
'Working together - to keep children and young people safe'
This guide is a great resource for teachers, health professionals, social service providers, or anyone working with families and children. It helps people recognise when families are vulnerable and how they can help, through to spotting the signs of abuse, who to talk to, how to report their concerns, and what happens when a report of concern comes through to Child, Youth and Family.
If you'd like to know more or order the guide, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org